Sunday, October 20, 2013

My soul was filled with joy"
Inbox
x
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/profile_mask2.png
Mckenzie Meyer <mckenzie.meyer@myldsmail.net>
Jun 3
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
to me, Kim, Connor, Leilani
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif
Hello Summer!!
I was introduced to what the summer will be like here in New York.... Hot, hot, humid, and hot! but I love it!!!!!  So glad we have a car haha So this week was very wonderful. It was almost like a fairy tale...hard challenges and evil villans and then a happily ever after! haha Sunday was the happily ever after. I love fast sunday and I LOVE sacrament meeting. It is such a blessing to be able to be refreshed, recharged, and renewed every week!  Take advantage of it!!  I know the truth of the Book of Mormon and how it can be applied in our lives.  Mosiah 4 and 5 are great chapters to read and study and apply. It's funny how we as missionaries are really here to help others recognzize how simple and joyful life can be. Read the sciptures, pray, be obedient, have faith.... these are all things we learned in primary! No wonder we are commanded to become little children!  Because children are so much happier and humble!

 I don't have much news as far as investigators... we are working with a few people but no one is really progressing. We do have the great opportunity to meet with a family from Uzbekistan? (something like that;)) and the Elders said they are a solid family of a mom, dad(less active member), and two boys who want to be baptized! So hopefully we can meet with them this week! We also had a recent convert come with us for a few hours one day and it was so fun having a "normal" member testify of her own experiences. Doing missionary work as a member can strengthen your own testimony a lot. So if you want to grow closer to Christ, you should try to do missionary work a little more:) I know this life is the time for us to prepare to meet God and I know that God has given us the path to be successful. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants to guide and bless us. I know that obedience to the commandments (all of them:)) is the only way to have lasting happiness. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is proof that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that we have a wonderful modern day prophet, Thomas S. Monson, to lead and guide us today. I know that prayers are heard and answered in the Lord's way and in His timing. I know that the Atonement is real. I have felt the feelings that Alma describes in Alma 36. I love my Savior and want to serve Him as much as possible for the rest of my life. Even though I love and miss you so much, I know that the greatest thing I can give to you would be to serve the Lord. And that is what I will do.

Thanks for all of your prayers, letters, examples, and love! God be with you til we meet again!
Love, Sister Meyer


No comments:

Post a Comment