Monday, October 21, 2013

August 12, 2013


Hey!! How is everybody doing?? I just realized summer is almost over for you... weird! Are you all living and loving life? I hope so. That is what we are here for!:)

So this week was a little rocky but always wonderful. We said goodbye to Sister Jorgensen on Tuesday and welcomed Sister Howard into the Staten Island trio!!! Sister Howard was my companion in the MTC so it has been AWESOME to serve with her again! It's great to see how we have both changed in such a short time. She is so chill and fun which is something I need to work on haha she has so many fun stories of her mission already and I feel like I was so focused on doing everything perfect instead of trying my best and just enjoying it! She is definitely a blessing. So we didn't have any appointments this week (again) which was hard because I didn't feel like I was able to focus very well. Satan is really good at making me feel like when we don't have lessons it is because I am doing something wrong. But I am trying my best to keep learning from mistakes and stay positive because God is full of love and joy, not discouragement. I was studying this morning and came across some amazing scriptures about peace! There are a lot of them but I challenge you to read them and pray that the Holy Ghost will help you understand where true peace comes from and how you can obtain it. So..... D&C 121:23, John 14:18, 27, John 16:33, D&C 19:38, Alma 37:36, Alma 38:5, 3 Nephi 14:24-27, D&C 59:23, D&C 121: 7-9, D&C 122, D&C 123:17 and D&C 58:2-4. Also, if you want to learn more check out "Where can I turn for peace?" by Elder Johnson in the April 2013 ensign. Sorry for the overload but I was truly feasting on all of these scriptures this morning and hope that it may help you as well. Maddie, I know you are going through a lot right now but I want you to know how much I love you.  You are a shining light to so many. You probably don't even recognize how many people look up to you for your faithfulness and testimony. Stay strong. You are beautiful. And look up "healing begins" by Tenth Avenue North. It's dedicated to you:) And preach my gospel says "As we rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, He can help us endure our trials, sicknesses, and pain. We can be filled with joy, peace, and consolation. All that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ." I know that is true. The Atonement is the only way.
 I love you all! 
Have a wonderful week! You are in my prayers and heart continually. Thank you for all you do.
Love always,

Sister Meyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment