Monday, October 21, 2013

July 29th 2013

There is so much going on right now I really don't know what to say haha all I know is that our Father in Heaven loves us and wants to bless us. How do I know that?? Because of the love and blessings hi has poured out upon us this week. It was so wonderful.

We first had a great lesson with our family from Sri Lanka!! Malika, Taru, and Radhini. They are awesome. We had a great lesson about Jesus Christ and our sweet friend, Sister Fernando who is also from Sri Lanka bore her testimony of Christ in Singalese (however you spell the language of Sri lanka) and the spirit was so strong. Then they fed us amazing Sri Lankan food! They are like friends to us and we love them lots. If they can get sundays off they are going to come to church but I am really not worried too much about them because they are so prepared and the Lord will take care of them. Wednesday I spent the day in Queens with Sister Zimeli. She is from Vegas and will be going home in September. She is a great missionary who is herself but has become her best self. I loved spending Pioneer Day at Rego park. Brother and Sister Johnson (from Kaysville) bought everyone pizza to celebrate haha it was a fun day!!
We were also able to meet with Becky McLay whose husband is the Elders Quorum President but she is not a member. She is an active catholic but allows her children to do both religions. It doesn't make sense, but whatever haha we have been wanting to meet with her for several weeks but things keep getting in the way. So what do we do?? We buy her a cupcake haha we had a great talk with her about her family and marriage and all sorts of good stuff. Over the next few days we had many promptings that she is ready to be baptized, we just need to invite her. So this week will you do me a favor and please pray for her? She is an awesome member even though she's not technically a member and has a strong testimony that God answers prayers and that tithing brings blessings. So we really just need to keep praying for her and I know the Lord will answer her prayers and our i we will have faith!!
I learned a lot about faith this week! Faith is not just believing things CAN happen, but that they WILL happen. Faith and Hope work together in order for us to be sure and steadfast. I have faith that the Lord WILL bless us if we are obedient to his commandments. I have faith that God WILL guide our lives  if we follow the promptings He gives us. I have faith that one day I will return home to my Father in Heaven and experience everlasting peace and joy. The great news is that we can experience some of that joy and peace now! Joy comes directly through obedience and helping others come unto Christ (no wonder missionaries are so happy!) we also receive joy through repentance and the spirit. I am SO thankful for repentance. It is incredible how quick the Lord will forgive us if we will simply repent. And Faith leads to repentance! SO have faith!! And if you want to know more about having faith, read Ether 12. Moroni says it a lot better than I can.
We had a wonderful lesson with Jessica on Saturday where she pretty much taught us the commandments haha she knows so much already and yet her heart is so open as she learns additional truth. She said said received an answer that she would baptized but doesn't know when. So yesterday we joined with her in fasting for when she should be baptized. Please keep her in your prayers as well. I have faith she will be baptized very soon.
Do you remember Erina? The girls who watched the You Tube video about families?? Well she invited her
boyfriend Brian, to attend church and the lesson with her! We talked about the plan of salvation and you could see the light in Erina's eyes begin to glow. I am so excited to see her progress and hopefully Brian as well.
Well, that was a lot of info haha and I am sorry to say it is just skimming the surface of all the blessings God has given us here. It is the lst week of my trainers mission so I know miracles and trials and blessings are sure to come. Keep praying and reading your scriptures EVERY DAY!!!!!!!if you need something to read, read D&C 109. It is very applicable to our day. I love you so much and I can't express how grateful I am for you all!!!
Hugs and kisses and lots of love!!!
 Love, Sister Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment