Monday, May 6, 2013


Hello!
 
I am so sorry I wasn't able to send an email last week.  My companion is feeling much better and we will keep thanking the Lord for her good health!  Thank you for your prayers!!
 
This week was good!  We did more service and have even more planned for this week... I love it!  We also did exchanges and I stayed here with Sister Santi, a really awesome missionary from California. We got a long so well and just laughed and talked a ton. Maybe too much.  But I was very grateful for the lessons I learned while working with her.  We also spent a few hours in Brooklyn with our zone knocking the doors of a few streets.  It was so fun!! Brooklyn is so different than Staten Island, a lot of walking and knocking haha I am very grateful to be where I am, working with the people here, and learning how I can become more like my Savior.  It's a marvelous life:)
 
So Brandon's baptism wasn't able to happen on Sunday because Saturday afternoon we got a call from him saying his mom had fallen in the shower. We weren't really sure what was going on so we left service and drove over to their house. An ambulance was pulling away as we got there so gratefully we were able to get ahold of Brandon (he just got a phone last week) and he told us where they were going.  We visited them in the emergency room, the elders came and gave her a blessing, and then we brought dinner to her last night. She is doing better, they aren't really sure what happened or what's wrong, so she's just recovering and resting at home.  So the baptism will be next sunday, we hope!  I'm so grateful for the way the Lord works.  His ways are definitely better than ours. 
 
Another lesson I learned this week is that having faith in the Lord means we trust Him.  There were a few days where I didn't feel like I was really receiving revelation or guidance and I couldn't figure out why.  But through diligence, patience, prayer, and study, I recognized that I was thinking too much and trusting too little.  The Lord will guide us. Trust Him.  My motto for this week was Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!  I don't remember where that came from or what pixie dust has to do with missionary work but I know that if we have faith and trust, life will be so much happier! I also know that the Lord is blessing our lives with tender mercies and too often we don't recognize it. Like the package you sent a few weeks ago? Ya I didn't get that until last wednesday but that's exactly when I needed it.  Thank you for the jeans, cookies, and general conference talks.  Those talks were truly an answer to my prayers and my companion and I really needed to be reminded of those words. Your challenge this week is to read Alma 37:44-46. The whole chapter is wonderful but those verses really stood out to me this morning.
 
Well I think that's it for this week!  We are going to try to make it to the Staten Island carnival today! It looks like the same rides they have at Lagoon! haha I love you all!! Thank you so much for your prayers, motivation, and love!
 
Love, Sister Meyer
"Be entitled to nothing, but grateful for everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment