Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sister Michelle Meyer is going to be a missionary!!!
Inbox
x

Mckenzie Meyer
Oct 28 (6 days ago)
to meKimConnorLeilaniTasha
WOOHOOOO! I am SO happy for Michelle!!! When Sister McKee got on facebook last Thursday she gasped and then once I realized what she was looking at I almost died!! Pheonix, Arizona! Can't wait to have my dear sister serving a mission:)

So this week was another great week here on the island. I think my favorite part was last Tuesday night when we met with the cute Brown family!! Kiwana has been going through a lot with work. So we went and just listened to her frustrations at first and then ended with our testimonies and how we know the path they are beginning will be hard but worth it and that the gospel will be such a blessing to them. They are so humble. And So willing to learn. Kiwana and Omarla came to church even though they showed up late and Omarla asked for a priesthood blessing because she was worried she would have to have a c-section. Apparently Kiwana received a priesthood blessing last week and it she told Omarla about it! So ya Omarla received an amazing blessing and then!!!!! She text us last night and was on her way to the hospital! She had her baby this morning!!! without a csection! YAY!!!!! We are going to go see her soon. And we are visiting them again this week so I can't wait! It's going to be great:)  keep praying for them!  Also this week we rode the ferry in the rain (i love the rain here!) and met some awesome people from around the world. One thing I love about Bermuda is that every week there are cruise ships that dock and so we meet SO many people from all over the world. It's amazing to really see the gospel touch every nation, tongue, and people. Even though we don't see the results for many of these people it's great to be a part of the process. Saturday we had a great branch activity where we picked up trash along the railway trail! Picture a trail along the amazing ocean. Yes, I could have picked up trash all day there haha I love Bermuda! And this branch is honestly the best branch ever. I love being in a small branch! Everyone magnifies their calling in ways that are so inspiring. Sister Smith is the relief society president and she is the cutest little Filipino who has the strongest testimony! Every week she asks us to go visit members with her. Less active or active or anyone she thinks she needs a visit. And we go and she talks in her cute accent that you can't really understand and you just feel her love so much that you can't help but smile. All week I have been thinking about how blessed I am to be on a mission. To think about the past few years and see where I have gone and where I am. It is just incredible. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. He has a plan for each of us. And we usually don't realize it until after. So we just have to keep going! Faith is believing in things you can't see. So have faith that your future is in the Lords' hands. I know this church is the only true church. We went to a former investigators this week and were lectured on the end of the world and how one day we will understand haha oh man i just had to smile and tell her that I know what I know is true and nothing will change that. Unfortunately she isn't receptive to the gospel right now. But everyone has their agency. So we just have to keep loving people! No matter what they do!! It's tough but Charity always wins. That's the bottom line. I love you all and hope you enjoy the beautiful fall weather! Have a Happy Halloween!!! And let me know if I can do ANYTHING for you! Also, I would love to talk with people on facebook who are struggling or just need a friend;) So if you know of anyone let me know! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!!
Love, sister Meyer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment