Thursday, March 28, 2013


Hi Family!!
So I could not sleep last night thinking about all that I wanted to tell you haha So I hope I have the time and the ability to share as much as possible!  First, thank you SO much for all of the packages and letters! I never realized how happy they could make a missionary haha I appreacite all of your love and support and can definitly feel your prayers.  The MTC has been AMAZING!! I seriously love it and will be sad to leave.  Never in my life will I have the opportunity to be surrounded by thousands of missionaries.  The spirit is so strong and everyone is so happy.  It's crazy how much I've learned and it's only been a week.  I don't know about you but it feels like I've been gone for so long!  I think it's just cause everyday is pack full of greatness that time flies. So i'll be honest... the first two or three days were like an emotional roller coaster.  Not once did I think about coming home but just the overwhelming stress of learning so much and studying constantly was draining.  I would be so happy and full of love one second, and then just sick inside the next.  I don't know how to really explain it haha My district...We're kind of the lost district ha at first they didn't have our schedules right and there were a few other technical difficulties that made us feel like we didn't really exist ha! We were all struggling last week but never expressed it really.  So after hours and hours of studying and classroom time we decided to study together last saturday.  By the end of the night we were all crying, grateful for the chance to be with each other, and more importantly, feeling the love of God for eachother.   We have grown SO close!! I love them!!!!!  They are family to me and I am truly going to miss them.  We've already decided we're having a district reunion when we get home.  AH!  I love them. 
So cool story...everybody kept telling us that Sunday would make everything better.  So I was looking forward to it and hoping that I would be uplifted. At first, it wasn't going as I had expected. But for Relief Society all of the sister missionaries meet together and the special muscial number was Savior, Redeemer of My Soul.  It hit me so strong that Heavenly Father knows me and knows how to comfort me.  That song was beautiful when you all sang at my farewell and hearing it again made me recognize my goal as a missionary.  "Chasten my soul til I shall be, in perfect harmony with thee."  That's what I desire most.  To be in harmony with my Savior.  I'm so grateful for the challenges and opportunities I have had here that have brought me closer to Him.  I challenge each of you to try and think about your actions, words, and thoughts and whether or not they are bringing you closer to Christ.  I know it will bring you so much happiness and peace if you strive to follow Him everyday.
Thank you for sending Elder Brown cookies! He loved them!  I have seen him a few times now... haha At our devotional on Tuesday I was sitting exactly two rows behind him. (I didn't plan that I promise!!!)  And it was pretty hard to focus haha but everytime we see each other he speaks Italian to me and I have no idea what he's saying haha He's so happy and so full of light that it motivates me to try and do the same. So althougth it's definitly not the ideal situation, it's been such a fun and amazing experience to see each other grow. 
Ah I feel like I have so much to tell you!!  I guess a few things I've learned that I want to share with you is that prayer and scripture study are so essential and such a blessing.  I always read and prayed but last week when I was having one of my downward moments, I prayed sincerely to be able to not just study my scriptures but to feast upon them. As I studied in Jacob that day, I never wanted to stop reading.  I felt like there was so much in the Book of Mormon that was directly related to who I was planning to teach or how to become a better missionary.  It was incredible.  I can't describe the joy I felt.  But I want you to think about your studing and prayers and hopefuly try to make them more meaningful.  Realize that they are a time to communicate with our Heavenly Father.  He loves us and wants to help us so much but it's only when we are obedient, humble, and have an open heart and mind that He is able to teach us.  Ah I just wish I could explain it more fully.  This church is true.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to experience joy and happiness and it is so simple!!  Why do we make life so hard when our purpose here is so simple. I don't get it.  But I'm so grateful that Christ has made it possible for us to experience this life in joy. 
Alright, my time is almost up. I'll try to answer a few questions... My companion is Sister Howard and she is SOO fun!!!  We have a blast together.  We get up at 5:45 and go to an aerobics class for the Sisters at 6 which is great!  She is hilarious and seriously makes me laugh so hard.  I love her.  The other two sisters in our district are awesome as well!  Sister McKee is from Bear Lake and she is incredible!! I look up to her so much.  She is so humble and loving.  I am praying that we will be able to be companions one day because we get along so well! 
Can you believe I'll be in New York in only 4 days!!! CRAZY!!!! We are suppose to meet at the Mission office here at the MTC at 4 AM... FUN HUH!?!  So I got a phone card and will try to call you either around 6 or 10 (we have a layover in Denver).  I hope you know that I love you all!  I know this work is truly marvelous and a wonder.  It is amazing to see the love of God everyday. I know I am only an instrument in the Lord's hands.  I am nothing. but through Christ I can be exactly who He needs me. I am SO grateful I am able to be here.  Thank you for helping me get where I am. 
God be with you til we meet again!
Love, Sister Meyer
P.S.  On Sunday we are having a special sacrament meeting for Easter!  I can't wait!!! I will try and write all about it on the plane ride to New York!!!
Oh and I'll send pictures next time... Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment